What is IVF treatment ? Let us bring into light some of the information related to it.
In-Vitro Fertilization process or IVF process is a treatment in which freshly received egg from women and sperm from men are taken together and made to fertilize the egg outside the women’s body in a controlled environment such as controlled temperature. The zygote (fertilized egg) is then undergone into 2-6 days (embryo culture) is then attached back to women from whom the egg is taken or it can be attached to the uterus of another women.
In 2018, it was revealed that there are more than 8 million children across the world who were born with the help of IVF treatment. IVF treatment is given to those couples who have constantly had the issue of miscarriage, fertility issues in women, men might be having lesser quality sperm or low sperm count.
With the usage of HCG and Menotropin injection in IVF increases the success rate of having a healthy pregnancy. The success rate in IVF is more with the patients who’s age is less or in their 20s.
In which conditions IVF treatment is given ?
Some of the conditions are mentioned below in which the IVF treatment is given to the men and women so that there can be a good success rate to have a healthy successful pregnancy.
- Blockage in Fallopian tube
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Week quality of sperm (unhealthy sperm quality)
So why HCG injection are given in the IVF treatment ?
HCG or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is an Luteinizing Hormone or LH which is given to women as it helps in maintaining the level of progesterone for increasing the success rate of pregnancy under the IVF treatment.
Mostly HCG can be found in urine in the women and in the placenta through which the baby is attached.
HCG injections is given to women so that egg can be retrieved from the women. Usually after the injection of HCG injection you have to wait for 34-40 hours.
Any similarity in Human Menopausal Gonadotropin Menotropin injection and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Injection
There are quite similarities in HMG injection and HCG injection. Some of them are listed below
- Similar to working of FSH
Difference between HCG Injection and HMG injection
- HMG injection are FSH and LH based injection this means that HMG injection does contain active FSH and LH as its main component in the HMG Injection
- HCG Injection are relatively cheap in price
- HCG injection costs less and can be used to mark the growth of the cancer cells that are growing.
- To increase the sperm count HMG injection is given the men to increase the productions of the sperm.
What are the uses of HCG Injection ?
Some of the uses of HCG injection are given below
- Used as cancer cell growth marker in some kind of cancer cells such as Testicular cancer in men.
- Increase sperm growth in men.
- Developing the body of those boys whose pituitary gland is not producing hormone. It is called growth hormone.
When is HCG Injection prescribed ?
HCG Injection is given to women who are currently facing problems such as
- Ovarian overstimulation syndrome.
- Promote the normal development of an egg in the woman’s ovary.
- HCG is used to cause ovulation in women.
- It is given to treat infertility in women as well.
- HCG is prescribed to women in IVF Treatment.
What is the best option I should select HCG or Menotropin injection ?
If you are a men who is using HCG and Human Menopausal Gonadotropin to increase sperm count. Then you should select HMG Injection as Menotropin Injection spikes less estrogen in the body. As estrogen can grow the breast in the men.
Secondly both are Gonadotropin injection but Menotropin injection are contains FSH and LH. FSH stands for Follicle Stimulating Hormone and LH stands for Luteinizing Hormone.
While Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Injection (HCG Injection) which somehow similar to FSH and LH. HMG injections are found to be much more effective for treating the infertility in both men and women as it follicle based hormone.
It has been found that more is the use of Human Menopausal Gonadotropin is used, the greater will be the success rate of the pregnancy.