Altraz (Anastrozole 1 mg)
Altraz 1mg is an anti breast cancer drug prescribed to women having breast cancer. It contains Anastrozole as active component which is a aromatase inhibitor used in breast cancer treatment. Aromatase inhibitor is prescribed to women who have gone into menopause and now suffering from breast cancer.
How to take Altraz
The work of aromatase inhibitor is stop the production of estrogen which influences the production of breast cancer cells. It works by lowering the production of breast cancer cells in women with help of lowering the production of estrogen which increases the growth of the cells.
Some men suffer from lower sperm count due to higher level of estrogen in them. To decrease the level of those estrogen, Altraz is prescribed. It has been found it improves the balance of androgens in men with higher estrogen.
Uses of Anastrozole 1 mg
Uses of Anastrozole are listed below
- Killing the breast cancer cells in postmenopausal women
- It helps in men to maintain the healthy sperm count who have higher levels of estrogen in their body.
Any side effects of Anastrozole
Some of the side effects are listed below
- Feel sick
- Pain in joint
- Mood swings
- Hot flashes
- Stomach upset
Do not overdose the drug as it can cause serious problem. Seek medical assistance as soon as possible if you feel uncomfortable with this drug course.
When not to take this medication
Do not take Altraz 1 mg in the following scenarios
- If you are pregnant. In pregnancy the drug can harm the baby
- If you are breast feeding mother, the drug can pass through your breast milk and harm the baby
- Planning to get pregnant
- If you have recently encountered with heart problems
Dosage of Anastrozole 1 mg
- Follow your physician course and instruction properly
- Take the medication at same time daily, if you ever forget about and realised quite later when its time to take second dosage then you should take only one dose not more than one dose as over dosage can be dangerous for you.
- Take one dose at a time do not overdose it as it can be dangerous for you.
- Store it in dark and cool place away from direct heat and light.
- Keep it away from children
- Femara 2.5mg