Fluconazole 150 mg tablet is an antifungal oral medication which contains Fluconazole tablet as its active ingredient available with various trade names / brand names such as Fluka 150 mg , Forcan 50 mg , Forcan 200 mg, Forcan 100 mg . We have all the brands available. Fluconazole 150 mg tablet is prescribed to patient who are suffering from Fungal Infection caused by yeast infection , fungal infection.
Now days Fluconazole is given to patients who need to go under bone marrow transplant.
Fluconazole tablet available with is manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals Ltd. The trade name / brand available are
- Fluka 150 mg
- Forcan 50 mg
- Forcan 200 mg
Strength in which Fluconazole tablet is available
- Fluka 150 mg / Fluconazole 150 mg tablet
- Forcan 50 mg / Fluconazole 50 mg tablet
- Forcan 200 mg / Fluconazole 200 mg tablet
Fluconazole tablet uses
Fluconazole 150 mg tablet medication which prescribed to treat fungal infection. It is prescribed in the following scenario.
- Systematic candidal infections
- Urinary tract based fungal / yeast infection
- Cryptococcal meningitis
- Propharyngeal candidiasis
- Esophageal candidiasis
- Blastomycosis candidiasis
Common side effects patients get when taking Fluconazole tablet are
- Increase in the production of enzymes in the Liver.
- Getting skin rash
- Pain in Abdominal part
If you are pregnant and taking this medication stop taking it immediately it has been found that fluconazole 150 mg increases the risk of birth defect in new born baby also it can cause miscarriage.
How Fluconazole 150 mg works ?
Fluconazole 150 mg belongs to family of drugs known as azole. Azole works by acting directly on the cellular membrane of the fungal cell. Making the yeast cell unable to survive the because of the destruction of cellular membrane.
This drug is now have entered the list of essential medicines by the World Health Organization or WHO.
To start taking Fluconazole 150 mg tablet what you should keep in mind.
- Do not take this tablet if you Pregnant as it has been found that it has adverse effect on pregnancy taking high doses can cause miscarriage.
- Stop taking if you are a lactating mother / breast feeding your baby as it can pass through the milk.
- Do not take this drug if you are having liver disease already.
How to use this tablet
Fluconazole tablet should be taken in one go without breaking or chewing it. Take the tablet with one full glass of water.
I missed my Fluconazole dose.
- What if you have missed your dose and suddenly realised about it. Take your missed dose immediately.
- If its time to take the next dose then do not double dose. It can have adverse effect such as skin peeling off.
- Do not double dose / over dose this drug. Contact emergency services immediately for the assistance when you overdose / double dose Fluconazole 200 mg tablet.