Augmentin (Amoxicillin 875 + Clavulanic acid)
Augmentin 875 is antibiotic medication prescribed for treating various types of bacterial infection such as sinusitis, pneumonia , ear infection, urinary tract infections, bronchitis. Amoxicillin 875 is widely prescribed for serious skin infection treatment. It is being given to patients who have tuberculosis (TB) and in some cases where patients are bitten by an animal.
Augmentin 1000 duo has Amoxicillin 875 and clavulanic acid 125mg. Clavulanic acid is beta lactamase inhibitor which breaks the protection ring around the bacteria. Some bacteria has developed resistance against antibiotics making their effects on the bacteria ineffective. Clavulanic acid may work like an antibiotic and increases the effectiveness of amoxicillin 500 mg.
What is the content of augmentin tablet
- Augmentin 375 : (Amoxicillin 250 mg and clavulanic acid 125 mg)
- Augmentin 675 : (Amoxicillin 500 mg and clavulanic acid 125 mg)
- Augmentin 1000 : (Amoxicillin 875 mg and clavulanic acid 125 mg)
Manufacturer of Antibiotic
Augmentin 875 is manufactured by GSK (GlaxoSmithKline)
Uses of Amoxicillin 500
Some of the uses of Amoxicillin 500 are listed below
- Ear infection
- Urinary tract infections
How it works
The main content of augmentin is amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. Clavulanic acid is present in the strength 125 mg. Augmentin 1000 has Amoxicillin 875 and clavulanic acid 125 mg. The drug has two components
- Amoxicillin : Amoxicillin is similar to penicillin an antibiotic drug which is given to patients having bacterial infections. It is penicillin + amino acid.
Why it is prescribed
It is prescribed to patients who are currently suffering from
- Respiratory tract bacterial infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Skin rash and infection
- Throat infection caused by bacteria
- Infection in the ear
- Tissues and soft skin bacterial infection
- Dental based mouth infection / teeth and gums infection
- When you are under the treatment of this drug, the oral contraception becomes less effective.
- Sudden allergic reactions
Some of the side effects are listed below
- Skin fluffiness